Inner Boot Instructions
Tools you will need:
Maybe a Knife
1. Easiest way to remove the base of the old cover seems to be to grab the top in the middle and pull up and back a little.
2. Once the frame is off the car simply pull it up over the shift knob to reveal the inner shift boot.
3. Now Pull the base of the inner boot off the car and pull it up over the shift knob to reveal the bottom of the shift knob.
4. Take the clip off the bottom of the shift knob and set aside.
5. The shift knob with both covers will slide up and off the shifter.
6. Now might be a good time to do a little carpet trimming. Trimming the carpet around the area where the inner boot attaches will make installation much easier.
* Be careful when cutting the carpet on the left side of the shifting area. There are wires under the carpet that go to the ash tray light.
7. Remove the inner boot from the shift knob.
8. Install the top of the new leather inner boot onto the bottom of the shift knob. Use the two tabs of material to help pull the cover onto the shift knob. Pull it on just far enough to get the elastic onto the bottom of the shift knob.
9. Now pull the inner boot up over the shift knob to reveal the bottom of the shift knob.
10. Reinstall the shift knob with the covers back onto the shifter. Just slide it on.
11. Reinstall the clip into the bottom of the shift knob.
12. Pull the inner boot back down and push the bottom of the cover back onto the car.
13. Once the base is on the car pull the red cords and push the black clip to tighten the cover onto the car.
14. Now reinstall the base of the shifter cover back onto the car by pushing it on.