Sunroof Cam Instructions
Tools you will need:
10mm Socket or Wrench
Phillips Screw Driver
1. First make sure the sunroof is open about 1 to 2 inches. It’s nearly impossible to install the sunroof cam with the sunroof completely open or closed. Doing so will damage something. Remove the trunk carpet and remove the left side carpet to get access to the sunroof motor.
2. Remove the 3 nuts(10mm) that hold the sunroof motor assembly into the car.
3. Remove the center nut that holds the cam onto the assembly.(10mm) Be careful when taking this nut off. There is a spring in the cam that has a little tension on it and will come apart.
4. Once you have the old sunroof cam off you can install the new one. First slide the plastic guide onto the cable. Then push the end of the cable into the sunroof cam. Now screw the supplied screw into the cable to hold the cable onto the cam. The screw needs to be installed before installing the cam onto the pivot bolt.
5. The pictures below show how the assembly goes back together. Install the spring and collar into the sunroof cam. Then slide it on the pivot bolt. Then install the plastic arm, making sure the end of the spring is inserted into the plastic arm. Then the washer and lock nut.
6. Reinstall the whole assembly onto the car and you are done.
If you have a question about the installation please let us know.